Todd Siegel, vice president of commercial investments at Passco, doesn’t believe you have to be on the cutting edge of every retail trend to be successful nowadays.
He does, however, believe owners need to remain intimately involved with their shoppers. This is particularly true in today’s changing retail landscape where consumer tastes are always evolving and what works for one generation of shopper may not work for another.
Rather than target Millennials, for example, Siegel suggests taking a broader approach to consumers and their buying habits. That starts with making sure your tenant roster caters to their needs, and that each individual tenant remains fresh and up to date, both in terms of their store and their merchandise.
Click the video for tips from Siegel on how owners can best position themselves in this new era of retail.
This video was created as part of the Retail Insight newsletter by Shopping Center Business, a brief newsletter series leading up to the 2018 ICSC Western States conference and including post-conference coverage. The videos in the publication are created in conjunction with our content partners, which sponsor the newsletter. Click here to subscribe and see archived newsletters.
Latest from Katie Sloan
- Selig to Bring Food Hall, Brewery to $1 Billion Mixed-Use Project in Atlanta’s Upper Westside
- PMB Capital to Develop $250 Million Mixed-Use Project in Metro Dallas
- CBRE Arranges Sale of Trader Joe’s-Anchored Shopping Center in Midtown Atlanta
- HFF Arranges $18 Million Sale of 57,221-Square-Foot Center in Southern Florida
- SRS Arranges $14.9 Million Sale of Gardena Plaza in Metro Los Angeles